Have you been frustrated by the Quick Search feature that appears whenever you try to search for something in Chrome on your Mac? Well, don’t worry, you’re not alone! This annoying junk can be difficult to get rid of and can make searching a pain.
Fortunately, there is an easy way to remove irritating extensions such as Quick Search from Chrome which will help you quickly find whatever it is that you need.
In this blog post, I’ll walk through the steps needed to remove Quick Search from Chrome on Mac so that browsing with your Mac will become easier and more enjoyable again. So let’s get started!
What Is Quick Search?
QuickSearch is a suspicious browser extension that should be avoided. It’s not uncommon for malicious extensions to get installed on your Mac without you knowing, usually through the installation of a free application or fake software update. By transforming the default search engine on Chrome and Safari to search.macreationsapp.com, all searches will automatically be redirected to Yahoo.
If someone attempts to change the search engine, they will be notified that “QuickSearch is managing this setting” and that their browser has been “regulated by your organization.”
Unwanted software extensions that override the user’s search engine and other browser settings are known as browser hijackers. These programs primarily exist to drive more users to promoted websites, thereby increasing their profits.
How to Remove Quick Search from Chrome On Mac?
Chrome is one of the most important parts of your online experience – keeping you connected with all your favorite websites. But, viruses such as Quick Search can ruin your experience by manipulating the search. That is why you need to get rid of it.
Let me tell you an easy way to do that. Just carefully follow the steps below.
- To begin, open the Chrome app on your computer. Be aware that QuickSearch and similar browser hijackers can easily infiltrate Chrome browsers in Mac operating systems as well.
- To rid your Chrome app of this malicious extension, start by launching the Chrome application.
- To manage your extensions, simply click the Extensions button located at the top of your browser window to the far right side below all tabs – you can’t miss it; it looks like a puzzle piece.
- After clicking this button, select Manage Extensions from its dropdown menu, and voila! You’ll be directed straight to the Extensions tab in no time.
- Alternatively, to get to the Extensions window, simply click on the Menu button located at the far right of your menu bar. Next, select More Tools and hit Extensions.
- To rid your browser of any unwanted extensions, locate the undesired add-on in the list and click on “Remove.” Keep an eye out for suspicious programs such as QuickSearch, Quick Search, or SearchQuick to ensure that you eliminate all malware from your computer.
- Once you spot them, hit the ‘Remove’ button without hesitation!
Recommended – Reset Your Chrome Settings
I highly recommend resetting your Chrome settings. Although you may have uninstalled the QuickSearch extension, it’s possible that your system still has traces of unwanted alterations.
To make sure that you are able to return Chrome back to its original state, it is important for you to manually revert these unwanted alterations yourself. For that, follow the process stated below.
First, you need to head to Chrome’s advanced settings. To access the Chrome app’s advanced settings, simply open it and click the three dots icon in the top right corner of your browser window.
Then select Settings followed by Advanced. To reset your settings back to their original defaults, simply click “Reset Settings” and confirm the action. Once prompted, click Reset Settings again to confirm the change.
How to Prevent Chrome from Unwanted Extensions?
With some easy practices, you can help prevent your Chrome app from getting infected with unwanted extensions such as QuickSearch in the future. Here’s what you need to do:
- First, make sure that all software installed on your computer is up-to-date and secure.
- Second, only download applications from official websites and authorized online stores; take your time to read reviews before downloading any program.
- Third, be sure to avoid clicking on suspicious links or pop-up ads; if anything looks untrustworthy don’t click it!
- Finally, use an antivirus program that offers real-time protection against malicious programs like QuickSearch – this will help protect you from unwanted extensions in the future.
By following these simple tips, you can help ensure that your Chrome app remains safe and secure.
Removing QuickSearch from your Chrome app is very important – it can be a nuisance, as well as a security risk. Keep in mind that it’s never too late to take action; by following the steps above and practicing safe online habits, you can get back to enjoying Chrome again in no time!