Sonos app is a platform where you can stream all kinds of music, create playlists for different activities, and listen to podcasts, audiobooks as well as the radio. It is compatible with the Sonos home theater system.
The app allows you to personalize your listening with a feature called ‘Saved rooms’. It has an advanced sound processor and is easy to navigate as it doesn’t require any core technical skills.
Aside from these features, the Sonos app takes your security as paramount. So, there are built-in protocols to protect you from data theft.
The app is so sleek that you can manage the Sonos home theater system from any part of your house. You can also create alarms, increase or decrease volumes, save favorites and perform lots more other interesting tasks easily.
How to download and install Sonos app on Mac
It takes just a few steps to have the Sonos app on your Mac. The following instructions will help you accomplish this.
- Go to the Sonos official website.
- Scroll down to Download the Sonos app. Click on Downloads.
- Select the app that would be compatible with the version of the Sonos system you have.
- Click on macOS and confirm the download.
- Follow the installation instructions to set it up on your Mac.
To pin this application to your dock for easy access,
- Click on the Finder icon On your dock to open.
- On the left, click on Applications.
- Look for the Sonos app and drag it down to the dock. The app will automatically stay pinned to the dock.
How to setup your Sonos speaker using the app
If you want to connect your Sonos speaker to the Sonos controller app, then use the step-by-step guide below.
- Launch the Sonos app from your dock.
- Click Next on the welcome screen.
- Select Set up New System.
- Check Standard setup.
- Click Next
- Click on the lock.
- Enter the administrator’s name and password and click OK.
- Plug in your player to your Mac. Click Next on the screen that appears.
- Immediately you notice a green light flashing, click Next.
If you are in a brightly lit room, place your hand over the home theater mute/play/pause buttons to clearly see the green light as it may be faint.
- Click on the drop-down menu and select your Sonos model on the list.
- Click on Set Up this player. Follow the instructions to complete the setup.
- Click on Next. Click on Next again on the Wireless setup screen.
- Input your WiFi password and name. Then click Next.
- Click Next on the ‘player has been added’ screen.
- Expand the drop-down menu and choose the room you want to play your Sonos system. Then click Next.
- Click Add Another Player and follow the same steps, if you wish. Otherwise, click Not Now.
- Click Next on the registration window.
- Enter your email address.
- Uncheck the boxes to block emails for company product information or software update information.
- Click Next.
- Expand the dropdown menu. Select your country and click Next.
- Enter your zip/postal code. Click Next.
- Check or uncheck the box, depending on your choice of sharing data with Sonos. Click Next.
- Click Next on the ‘Registration Complete’ screen.
- Click Set up my music now or I’ll set up my music later to either set up your library or use music services.
- Click Next then Click Done.
Congratulations! You have just set up your Sonos speaker.
How to setup music streaming services using Sonos app for Mac
- Launch the Sonos app.
- Click Add Music Services in the menu on the right.
- Click on the music service of your choice.
- Log in to your account or sign up for a new one.
How to control your music library using the Sonos app for Mac
- Launch the Sonos Controller app.
- Click the Music Library in the menu on the right-hand side.
- Look through each category to find the music you’d love to play or use the search bar.
- Expand the drop-down arrow and choose the timing for your music.
- Click Play Now to play the track.
- Click Play Next to play it after the current selection.
- Click Add to Queue to add the selection to the end of your queue.
- Click Replace Queue to completely replace.
Whether it’s an app to read your audiobooks or play your top-rated playlists, the Sonos app is just the perfect app for you. Through the Sonos app, you can also control Sonos speakers compatible with the app.
Let’s know if you successfully installed your Sonos app to your Mac using this guide.